Pikes Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, software, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
The "Mall Map" project has many interesting hardware and software pieces, but it is not too late to make important contributions.
Greet and Inform Members
The Mall Map is used to greet and inform members and visitors alike at our physical location of 735 East Pikes Peak Avenue.
However, it is also movable and can be temporarily used at various events like Maker Faires.
It only requires power for the display and an Internet connection.
The size is approximately xx and the weight is yy. (Moving it does not require a forklift.)
Behind the scenes
The map, which was originally drawn in Adobe Illustrator by another PPM member, detects mouse click events on that map. It then launches pages from our wiki:
Our code is under version control on GitHub:
- Decide if the system will be on wheels (should be locking wheels).
- Continually test that the system is understood and useful to users(!)
- Implement a proximity sensor(?)
- Keep the source map current
- Keep the wiki pages current, too
- Promote its use.
Links to related PPM Wiki pages:
- PPM Tool Color Map — Interactive
- Search our Wiki (If your answer is not here on the Wiki, please let us know!)