Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, software, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
We maintain three printers and three Design Workstations as well as other computers throughout our space for all our members to use without any additional required training (Level 1).
Members must know the following information:
In case of emergency, call 911
- Our physical location is:
- 735 East Pikes Peak Avenue
- Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- use this when ordering pizza or an ambulance
PPM Fire Escape Plan
- Fire Escape Plan maps are posted throughout the Makerspace.
- There are 7 fire extinguishers on the fire escape plan map. Review the PPM Fire Escape Plan for locations.
- There is a FIRST AID Supply Cabinet in our Kitchen Area.
- FIRST AID Kits are available in four areas: the Kitchen, Metal Shop, Wood Shop and CNC Room.
Eye Wash Stations
- Emergency Eye & Face Wash Stations are mounted in four areas: the Kitchen, Wood Shop, CNC Room and Vented Room.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Wear protective equipment in all Wood and Metal Shop Areas.
- Wear gloves when using Isopropyl Alcohol and other cleaners.
- All hazardous chemicals must be stored in the yellow hazardous chemical storage cabinet located in the Vented Room.
- Review the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information of unknown products before use.
- SDS information is available via the QR code on the hazardous chemical storage cabinet or this spreadsheet.
- Do not bring dangerous chemicals to the makerspace.
- Spray paint, stains, and other approved items must be stored in the hazardous chemical storage cabinet in the Vented Room.
- Please DO NOT paint indoors.
Classes and Training
Area Contact — Mathew Palfenier
- To help out with the printers at PPM, post your ideas and comments on Slack.
- Pikes Peak Makerspace announces its Upcoming events, including classes, on Meetup
- Our classes are run by dedicated volunteers who generously offer their time and expertise. As a result, class schedules and availability may be subject to change and limitations from time to time.
- Please know that our volunteers are passionate about sharing their knowledge and ensuring a positive learning experience for all. We are grateful for their commitment and dedication to our community. Together, we can create a supportive, cooperative, and understanding community!
- Wi-Fi Network: Pikes Peak Makerspace; Password: [Written on white board just to the right of the FIRST AID Supply Cabinet]
- Login Password: [Written on white board just to the right of the FIRST AID Supply Cabinet]
- Do not expect files on the computers to be saved. Use your own thumb drive or cloud backup.
- Please use computers for professional use (no cruising Facebook/pointless browsing)
Links to external sites:
For Additional Help
- Use the PPM Slack channel #printer-suite
- List of all PPM Slack channels
- Note that we have a Slack channel (#job-board) for members to post, discuss, or accept job opportunities either within PPM or from the community.
LaserJet 600 M602
(up to 52 ppm)
|13" x 19"
|Color||90 pages/minute||2-sided||Manual Downloads|
- Pikes Peak Makerspace is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so we can provide a receipt for any donations you make.
Benefits and Policies
- PPM members enjoy discounts at the following local merchants:
- (walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs||10% discount||4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway|
|CO Lumber Specialties||10% discount||3636 Stone Avenue|
|GENERAL AIR||10% discount||3031 N Nevada Ave.|
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens||10% discount||1830 W Uintah Street|
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
- At home LightBurn subscriptions can be purchased at a discounted rate for being a PPM member.
- The discount code is saved as a Pinned Message in our 'laser-cutter' channel in Slack.
- If equipment needs repairs, place a red-tag on it and report it via the Pikes Peak Makerspace Slack, # red-tag-issues channel.
- This advises others on the malfunctioning equipment and ensures that actions can be taken to service/repair the equipment promptly.
- For more information, review our New Member Orientation wiki page.
Scrap and Trash
- Trash day is MONDAY
- Recycling day is MONDAY (96 gallon tote)
- Single Stream Recycling provided by Waste Connections. Paper, cardboard, cans, glass, and one time use plastics.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Always leave the space better than you found it.
Links to related PPM Wiki pages:
Other Fun Stuff
Links to external sites:
- Printable Plush Doll — Thingiverse
- PPM Tool Color Map — Interactive
- Search our Wiki (If your answer is not here on the Wiki, please let us know!)