Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
We maintain two printers and two Design Workstations as well as other computers throughout our space for all our members to use (without any additional required training).
Members must know the following information:
In case of emergency, call 911
- Our physical location is:
- 735 East Pikes Peak Avenue
- Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- use this when ordering pizza or an ambulance
PPM Fire Escape Plan
- Fire Escape Plan maps are posted throughout the Makerspace.
- There are 7 fire extinguishers on the fire escape plan map. Review the PPM Fire Escape Plan for locations.
- There is a FIRST AID Supply Cabinet in our Kitchen Area.
- FIRST AID Kits are available in four areas: the Kitchen, Metal Shop, Wood Shop and CNC Room.
Eye Wash Stations
- Emergency Eye & Face Wash Stations are mounted in four areas: the Kitchen, Wood Shop, CNC Room and Vented Room.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Wear protective equipment in all Wood and Metal Shop Areas.
- Wear gloves when using Isopropyl Alcohol and other cleaners.
- All hazardous chemicals must be stored in the yellow hazardous chemical storage cabinet located in the vented room.
- Review the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information of unknown products before use.
- SDS information is available via the QR code on the hazardous chemical storage cabinet or this link.
- Do not bring dangerous chemicals to the makerspace.
- Spray paint, stains, and other approved items must be stored in the hazardous chemical storage cabinet in the vented room.
- Please DO NOT paint indoors.
Classes and Training
Area Captain -- Volunteers needed
- To help out with the computers or printers at PPM, post your ideas and comments on Slack.
- View all PPM Area Captains
- Pikes Peak Makerspace announces its Upcoming events, including classes, on Meetup
- Wi-fi Network: Pikes Peak Makerspace; Password: [Written on white board just to the right of the FIRST AID Supply Cabinet]
- Login Password: [Written on white board just to the right of the FIRST AID Supply Cabinet]
- Do not expect files on the computers to be saved. Use your own thumb drive or cloud backup.
- Please use computers for professional use (no cruising Facebook/pointless browsing)
For Additional Help
- Use the PPM Slack channel #general
|hp||LaserJet 600 M602||B/W||Fast,
(up to 52)
|4"x6" label printer
|support||PPM (donated by PARADIGM SYSTEMS)||?
|(Service & Support Discontinuation Date:
October 31, 2015)
|Canon||ImageFORMULA, DR-5010C||Color||50 pages/minute||2-sided||
|Manauls||PPM (donated by PARADIGM SYSTEMS)||working (in storage)|
|Color||90 pages/minute||2-sided||Manual Downloads||PPM||working (in storage)||35kg/77lbs|
|ID card printer||Magicard||RIO 2E||Color||?||1-sided||yes||PPM||working (in storage)|
- Pikes Peak Makerspace is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so we can provide a receipt for any donations you make.
Benefits and Policies
PPM Member Benefits
- (walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs||10% discount||4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway|
|CO Lumber Specialties||10% discount||3636 Stone Avenue|
|GENERAL AIR||10% discount||3031 N Nevada Ave.|
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens||10% discount||1830 W Uintah Street|
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
- Use a Red Tag, which can be found in the red tag area, to designate broken equipment.
Scrap and Trash
- Collect scrap plain paper, PLA and PETG plastics, and metals for recycling.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Leave the space better than you found it.
Links to other PPM Wiki pages (internal links):
Links to other sites (external links):
Other Fun Stuff
Links to other sites (external links):