Adobe Illustrator Tips
Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
Adobe Illustrator is a commercial vector graphics software package for Windows and Macintosh (but not Linux).
Adobe Illustrator is a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud software suite.
Pikes Peak Makerspace has a license for the complete Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and it is installed on our Design Workstations 1 and 2
Classes and Training
- Pikes Peak Makerspace announces its Upcoming events, including classes, on Meetup
Training -- PPM Trainer(s) needed
- Illustrator Get Started course -- Adobe
- Illustrator 2022 MasterClass -- Udemy class ($20) recommended by Mathew P.
- Illustrator Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat Sheet
- - Share your artwork with others using the Package command.
- - Create efficient Illustrator files | Improve print performance
- - If large format printer reports "Print Head Path Error 2" on a PPM Large Format Printer,
- check the Illustrator file to see if it has elements that need to be trimmed to fit within the artboard.
For Additional Help
- Use the PPM Slack channels #computers or #general
Links to other PPM Wiki pages (internal links):
Links to other sites (external links):
- Essential techniques for beginners
- 35 Adobe Illustrator Tutorials to Master Vector Design
- How to Open AI Files Without Illustrator
Other Fun Stuff