Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
We provide some supplies to make projects go smoother, such as batteries, tapes, and label makers.
Members must know the following information:
In case of emergency, call 911
- Our physical location is:
- 735 East Pikes Peak Avenue
- Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- use this when ordering pizza or an ambulance
PPM Fire Escape Plan
- Fire Escape Plan maps are posted throughout the Makerspace.
- There are 7 fire extinguishers on the fire escape plan map. Review the PPM Fire Escape Plan for locations.
- There is a FIRST AID Supply Cabinet in our Kitchen Area.
- FIRST AID Kits are available in four areas: the Kitchen, Metal Shop, Wood Shop and CNC Room.
Eye Wash Stations
- Emergency Eye & Face Wash Stations are mounted in four areas: the Kitchen, Wood Shop, CNC Room and Vented Room.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Wear protective equipment in all Wood and Metal Shop Areas.
- Wear gloves when using Isopropyl Alcohol and other cleaners.
- All hazardous chemicals must be stored in the yellow hazardous chemical storage cabinet located in the vented room.
- Review the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information of unknown products before use.
- SDS information is available via the QR code on the hazardous chemical storage cabinet or this link.
- Do not bring dangerous chemicals to the makerspace.
- Spray paint, stains, and other approved items must be stored in the hazardous chemical storage cabinet in the vented room.
- Please DO NOT paint indoors.
For Additional Help
- Use the PPM Slack channel #general
Benefits and Policies
PPM Member Benefits
- (walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs||10% discount||4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway|
|CO Lumber Specialties||10% discount||3636 Stone Avenue|
|GENERAL AIR||10% discount||3031 N Nevada Ave.|
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens||10% discount||1830 W Uintah Street|
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
- Additionally, we have a Slack channel (#job-board) for members to post, discuss, or accept job opportunities either within PPM or from the community.
- Donate for "General Supplies" via PayPal: bit.ly/ppmstuff
- Or, leave donations in a black payment box, or use a QR code.
- Use a Red Tag, which can be found in the red tag area, to designate broken equipment.
Scrap and Trash
- Collect scrap plain paper, PLA and PETG plastics, and metals for recycling.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Leave the space better than you found it.
- label maker
- tape guns and tape
- hot glue gun
Pikes Peak Makerspace is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so we can provide a receipt for any donations you make.
- paper shredder
Other Fun Stuff
PPM YouTube Channel
- "Things we've built", including 3D-printed robotic hand (2015)