Computers -- Vintage
Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
|computer system and
MICROCOMPUTER SYSTEM, VIDEO DISPLAY, and
Benefits and Policies
- PPM members enjoy discounts at the following local merchants:
- (walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs||10% discount||4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway|
|CO Lumber Specialties||10% discount||3636 Stone Avenue|
|GENERAL AIR||10% discount||3031 N Nevada Ave.|
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens||10% discount||1830 W Uintah Street|
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
- At home LightBurn subscriptions can be purchased at a discounted rate for being a PPM member.
- The discount code is saved as a Pinned Message in our 'laser-cutter' channel in Slack.
- Use a Red Tag, which can be found in the red tag area, to designate broken equipment.
Scrap and Trash
- Trash day is MONDAY
- Recycling day is MONDAY (96 gallon tote)
- Single Stream Recycling provided by Waste Connections. Paper, cardboard, cans, glass, and one time use plastics.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Always leave the space better than you found it.
Links to other PPM Wiki pages (internal links):
Other Fun Stuff
Links to other sites (external links):
- A landmark (1968) demonstration of windows, hypertext, graphics, efficient navigation and command input, video conferencing, the computer mouse, word processing, dynamic file linking, revision control, and a collaborative real-time editor by computer pioneer Doug Engelbart.