Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
We provide a vented, well-lit room for painting and staining, and so forth. It is 8'x12' sq. ft. (960 cu. ft.)
Members must know the following information:
In case of emergency, call 911
- Our physical location is:
- 735 East Pikes Peak Avenue
- Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- use this when ordering pizza or an ambulance
PPM Fire Escape Plan
- Fire Escape Plan maps are posted throughout the Makerspace.
- There are 7 fire extinguishers on the fire escape plan map. Review the PPM Fire Escape Plan for locations.
- There is a FIRST AID Supply Cabinet in our Kitchen Area.
- FIRST AID Kits are available in four areas: the Kitchen, Metal Shop, Wood Shop and CNC Room.
Eye Wash Stations
- Emergency Eye & Face Wash Stations are mounted in four areas: the Kitchen, Wood Shop, CNC Room and Vented Room.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Wear protective equipment in all Wood and Metal Shop Areas.
- Wear gloves when using Isopropyl Alcohol and other cleaners.
- All hazardous chemicals must be stored in the yellow hazardous chemical storage cabinet located in the vented room.
- Review the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information of unknown products before use. SDS information is available via the QR code on the hazardous chemical storage cabinet or this link.
- Do not bring dangerous chemicals to the makerspace.
- Spray paint, stains, and other approved items must be stored in the hazardous chemical storage cabinet in the vented room.
- Please DO NOT paint indoors.
Classes and Training
- Pikes Peak Makerspace announces its Upcoming events, including classes, on Meetup
For Additional Help
- Use the PPM Slack channel #general
Vented Room Equipment
|Exhaust fan||PPM||4-hour timer installed (05/17/22)|
|A&A SHEET METAL PRODUCTS, INC.||A245||
|Medium drying rack,
|storage cabinet, metal (grey)||
|storage cabinet, metal, with key, (tan)||
(2.5x6 foot table)
|PPM (donated by Qualtek Manufacturing)||not yet installed
- Return all tools to their proper location after use. This rule applies to all areas of our Makerspace.
- Explosion Proof Fan (06/24/22)
Benefits and Policies
PPM Member Benefits
- (walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs||10% discount||4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway|
|CO Lumber Specialties||10% discount||3636 Stone Avenue|
|GENERAL AIR||10% discount||3031 N Nevada Ave.|
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens||10% discount||1830 W Uintah Street|
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
Safety Data Sheets
Review SDS information of unknown products before use. SDS available here and via QR code in hazardous chemical storage.
Do not bring dangerous chemicals to the space.
Spray paint, stains, and other approved items must be sto in the flammables cabinet in the vented room.
Do not paint indoors.
- Use a Red Tag, which can be found in the red tag area, to designate broken equipment.
Scrap and Trash
- Collect scrap plain paper, PLA and PETG plastics, and metals for recycling.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Leave the space better than you found it.
Other Fun Stuff
- Bill Making Stuff -- "Scratch Builder" on YouTube