Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) provides the sewing equipment and supplies listed below to its members.
The equipment is for all our members to use without any additional required training (Level 1).
Classes and Training
Area Contact — Volunteers needed
To help out with the Sewing Area at PPM, post your ideas/comments on our Slack channel #general.
PPM announces its Upcoming events, including classes, on Meetup
- 2263 Owners Class — SINGER on YouTube
- Be sure to log your activity using the new Sewing Machine Usage Form.
- Return all tools to their proper location after use. This rule applies to all areas of our Makerspace.
- Industrial Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Machine
- Pikes Peak Makerspace is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so we can provide a receipt for any donations you make.
- PPM members enjoy discounts at the following local merchants:
- (walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs
|4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway
|CO Lumber Specialties
|3636 Stone Avenue
|3031 N Nevada Ave.
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens
|1830 W Uintah Street
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
- At home LightBurn subscriptions can be purchased at a discounted rate for being a PPM member.
- The discount code is saved as a Pinned Message in our 'laser-cutter' channel in Slack.
- If equipment needs repairs, place a Red Tag on it and report it via the Pikes Peak Makerspace Slack channel #red-tags-issues
- This advises others on the malfunctioning equipment and ensures that actions can be taken to service/repair the equipment promptly.
- For more information, review our New Member Orientation wiki page.
Scrap and Trash
- Trash day is MONDAY
- Recycling day is MONDAY (96 gallon tote)
- Single Stream Recycling provided by Waste Connections. Paper, cardboard, cans, glass, and one time use plastics.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Always leave the space better than you found it.
Links to related PPM Wiki pages:
Links to member-recommended external sites:
For Additional Help
- Use the PPM Slack channel #general
- List of all PPM Slack channels
- Note that we have a Slack channel (#job-board) for members to post, discuss, or accept job opportunities either within PPM or from the community.
- PPM Tool Color Map — Interactive
- Search the PPM Wiki
- Contact Us if your answer is not here on our Wiki.
Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative processes by providing shared space, shared tools, materials, software and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.