Assembly Table (Clean Projects)
Pikes Peak Makerspace (PPM) is dedicated to supporting our maker community in their creative process by providing shared space, shared tools, software, materials and a knowledge base to turn their ideas into reality.
PPM provides a 2.5'x5' work surface for all members to use. Or use the Rotary Cutter to trim output from our Large Format Printer, for example.
Members must know the following information:
In case of emergency, call 911
- Our physical location is:
- 735 East Pikes Peak Avenue
- Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- use this when ordering pizza or an ambulance
PPM Fire Escape Plan
- Fire Escape Plan maps are posted throughout the Makerspace.
- There are 7 fire extinguishers on the fire escape plan map. Review the PPM Fire Escape Plan for locations.
- There is a FIRST AID Supply Cabinet in our Kitchen Area.
- FIRST AID Kits are available in four areas: the Kitchen, Metal Shop, Wood Shop and CNC Room.
Eye Wash Stations
- Emergency Eye & Face Wash Stations are mounted in four areas: the Kitchen, Wood Shop, CNC Room and Vented Room.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Wear protective equipment in all Wood and Metal Shop Areas.
- Wear gloves when using Isopropyl Alcohol and other cleaners.
- All hazardous chemicals must be stored in the yellow hazardous chemical storage cabinet located in the Vented Room.
- Review the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information of unknown products before use.
- SDS information is available via the QR code on the hazardous chemical storage cabinet or this link.
- Do not bring dangerous chemicals to the makerspace.
- Spray paint, stains, and other approved items must be stored in the hazardous chemical storage cabinet in the Vented Room.
- Please DO NOT paint indoors.
Assembly Table (Clean Projects)
- Return all tools to their proper location after use. This rule applies to all areas of our Makerspace.
Pikes Peak Makerspace is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so we can provide a receipt for any donations you make.
Benefits and Policies
PPM members enjoy discounts at the following local merchants:
(walk in, show proof of membership)
|Woodcraft of Colorado Springs||10% discount||4438 Austin Bluffs Parkway|
|CO Lumber Specialties||10% discount||3636 Stone Avenue|
|GENERAL AIR||10% discount||3031 N Nevada Ave.|
|ACE Hardware Uintah Gardens||10% discount||1830 W Uintah Street|
- Map of stores that provide PPM member discounts
- Map of helpful local resources curated by our makers
Use the Clean Projects Assembly Table for:
- Processing output from our large format printer
- Vinyl weeding, transfer taping
- Collating or laminating
DO NOT use the Clean Projects Assembly Table for:
- Painting, staining, gluing, Magic Erasing, etc.
- (We do have a Vented Room and other tables for these projects.)
Scrap and Trash
- Trash day is MONDAY
- Recycling day is MONDAY (96 gallon tote)
Single Stream Recycling provided by Waste Connections. Paper, cardboard, cans, glass, and one time use plastics.
- Empty recycling and trash into our dumpster at the back (south side) of the building.
- Always leave the space better than you found it.
- For even more member projects, visit our #showcase channel on Slack, or follow our social media links.
Links to other PPM Wiki pages (internal links):
Other Fun Stuff
Links to other sites (external links):
- Mobile Assembly Table -- on Popular Woodworking
Shared Tools | Interactive Map | I'm feeling lucky